Expand international trademark
To solve the problem of foreign trademark search agencies difficult pain points, for the agency to expand international trademark business, provide efficient and convenient trademark search tools.
Build an international brand
It is helpful for enterprises to enter the international market, grasp the dynamics of international trademark in advance, do a good job in the preparation of international trademark registration, build international brand and highlight the competitiveness of enterprises.
Through the overseas trademark inquiry, the inquiry own brand approximate mark, the prompt understanding overseas trademark dynamics, the guard viciously steals the note, the good brand protection.
Avoid trademark infringement
Before registration, make a similar inquiry of overseas trademarks to avoid similar infringement of registered marks and overseas existing trademarks and unnecessary international disputes.
Who can apply for the registration of Australian trademarks?
1. The owner who is using or intends to use a trademark on a certain commodity or service;
2. Those who have authorized or intend to authorize others to use trademarks.
What materials are needed for Australian trademark registration?
1. Name, telephone number and address of the applicant (or enterprise);
2. A power of attorney for trademark registration application;
3. Twelve black-and-white trademark designs, the trademark designs are not more than 5 square centimeters;
4. A detailed list of products or services to be registered and the categories of registration;
5. Certificates of the use of a registered trademark, such as advertisements, packaging, etc., or declarations of the use of the trademark;
6. If the trademark to be registered has been registered in the United States, Australia, France and the European Community, priority may be applied for.
What is the application process for Australian trademarks?
1. Formal examination: After the application is submitted, the application date and application number will be awarded if the legality of the application documents, trademark designs, power of attorney and other documents meet the requirements;
2. Search report: The official independently searches the Australian trademark registered or applied for first and issues the search report and the search report. The applicant will receive the above search report before the trademark approval announcement and decide whether to arrange the trademark announcement;
3. Substantive Examination: When examining Australian trademark application officially, only its registrability (i.e. prominence), also known as absolute reason, is examined, without the examination of relative reason, that is, no prior right is cited to reject the application;
4. Announcement: After examination, the examiner considers that the trademark application can be accepted, the announcement will be published in the Australian Official Trademark Announcement. The objection period is 2 months from the announcement date. The objector shall submit the notice of intending to objection within 2 months of the announcement, and the reasons for objection and detailed explanations within the next 1 month;
5. Registration approval: A trademark which is ruled to be registrable after objection, or a trademark which has no objection after announcement, will be allowed to register and issue a registration certificate. The smooth application process (if no rejection, objection, etc.) will take about 9-15 months.
When will the Australian Trademark Notice be issued?
The Australian Official Trademark Bulletin is published every Thursday, which includes the trademark number, application category, applicant information, trademark description, etc.
How long is the duration of Australian trademark objection?
1. According to the Australian Trademark Application System, the objector first has to submit the Notice of Intention to Object within two months of the objection period. In the Notice of Intention to Object, the objector only needs to declare that the objector intends to raise an objection;
2. Within one month after submitting the Notice of Intention to Object, the objector shall submit the reasons for the objection and elaborate the reasons for the objection. The official will examine the reasons for objection and inform the applicant if it meets the requirements. If it does not meet the requirements, the objector will be asked to provide further information or remove the reasons for non-compliance. If the further information provided by the objector is still not up to the requirements, the official will reject the corresponding reasons for objection, and in very few cases, even the whole objection will be rejected;
3. In principle, the time limit for submitting "Notice of Intention to Object" and "Reasons for Objection and Detailed Descriptions" cannot be extended unless there are errors or omissions or circumstances beyond human control;
4. At any time after the "Notice of Intention to Object" and "Reasons for Objection and Detailed Descriptions" are submitted, the two parties may jointly apply to the official authorities for a maximum of two six-month cooling-off period for reconciliation negotiations.